Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jakob Andert directs the Junior Professorship for mechatronic systems for combustion engines and coordinates research in this interdisciplinary field. Structurally, the professorship is affiliated with the Institute for Combustion Engines under the direction of Professor Stefan Pischinger.
Institute for Combustion Engines
RWTH Aachen University
- Phone: +49 241 80 48071
- by appointment only
- Editorial Board Automotive Innovation, Springer
- Advisory Board ECSM | European Center for Sustainable Mobility
- Organizing Committee Symposium for Combustion Control
- Associate Editor International Journal of Engine Research, SAGE
- Member of Examination Board, Automation Engineering, RWTH Aachen University
- Lecturer Chinesisch-Deutsches Hochschulkolleg CDHK
Mentor in the scholarship programme "GEH DEINEN WEG" of the Deutschlandstiftung Integration
Appointment as junior professor for "Mechatronic Systems for Combustion Engines"
Project Manager at FEV GmbH
Project management of development projects for hybrid and electrified powertrains for international OEM and Tier 1.
Technical Focus: Software development for electronic powertrain control units, demonstrator vehicles, simulation of electrified and hybrid vehicles
Graduation to doctor of engineering (Dr.-Ing.): "model base real time optimization of gasoline controlled auto ignition"
Research Assistant at Institute for Combustion Engines of RWTH Aachen University
Technical Focus: Rapid Control Prototyping ECU for gasoline engines at test benches and prototype vehicles
Study of Electrical Engineering at RWTH Aachen, information and communication technology
Abitur, Euregio-Gymnasium, Bocholt
Award for best grade in subject chemistry
Leisure: volleyball, mountain bike, drawing, winter sports, oldtimer